Founded in 2013, UMOM’s Young Professionals Council (YPC) is an active group of diverse community leaders between the ages of 21 and 39. The goal of the YPC is to engage and inspire the next generation of UMOM supporters and to spread awareness of UMOM initiatives in the community.
As a YPC Member, you will…
- Advocate: Spread awareness about UMOM’s commitment to preventing and ending homelessness through targeted service and social activities and community outreach
- Engage in Professional Development: Participate in bi-monthly meetings, enjoy presentations from guest speakers such as UMOM Executive Leadership, Board of Directors, community leaders and learn more about board operations
- Fundraise: Coordinate and provide support for fundraising activities
- Network: Network with like-minded peers at YPC events, mixers and member activities
- Volunteer: Interact with UMOM residents through a variety of volunteer activities
By joining you would be committing to:
- A two-term term
- Attending in-person, bi-monthly, board-structured meetings
- Making a modest financial contribution
Interested in joining the YPC? Please contact Cassidy Penney, Director of Marketing and Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org.