A Message from UMOM New Day Centers
Dear UMOM Family and Friends,
We appreciate your kindness and concern for our families, single women, and youth who are currently rebuilding their lives at UMOM. The safety and well-being of our residents, employees, supporters, and volunteers are of the highest importance to all of us. In response to growing concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), UMOM is closely monitoring the situation and taking proactive steps to mitigate its impact. We have developed a response plan as follows:
- We are closely monitoring recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH), and the City of Phoenix.
- A UMOM Preparedness Team has been established to ensure readiness for potential short and long-term implications and to provide guidance to our shelter residents, employees, supporters, and volunteers.
- Our cleaning and maintenance team has increased attention to cleaning and disinfecting offices, shelter rooms, and common areas throughout each campus location.
Currently, UMOM has no plans to cancel any of our upcoming events. As we continue to monitor COVID-19 related updates and recommendations from federal and state public health authorities, we will make necessary and timely changes based on updated information.
Volunteering at UMOM:
Everyone’s health is a priority at UMOM. We take precautions every day to promote a healthy volunteer environment. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, it is best to stay at home.
Things you can do to stay safe:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing and/or sneezing.
- Avoid handshakes and/or hugs.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items and surfaces such as your keypad, phone, etc.
- Stay at home if you are sick. Restrict activities outside your home, with exception for seeking medical care.
We will continue to monitor the situation and send updates as needed. Thank you for your flexibility, patience, and for your continued support.